Tuesday, January 13, 2015

OMG!!!

Okay.  So my morning went sorta like this:

I head to the public shower to get ready for the day.  I'm in the shower and hear someone start taking a shower right next to me.  Having never had anyone ever come into the bathroom at all, that was weird enough.  But after about three minutes or so, I hear this, "Oh, my God!  Oh, my God!  Oh, my God!"  I'm thinking, okay, so I've got some wacko in the shower next to me.  So I didn't say anything.  A split second later she comes running out of the shower and headed toward the exit yelling, "Oh, my God!  Oh, my God!  Oh, my God!"  I'm like, "What's wrong?  What's going on?"  She yells, "There's a baby tarantula in the shower!"  Then I start yelling, "Oh, my God!  Oh, my God!  Oh, my God!"

I HATE spiders, let alone a stinkin tarantula!!!  No matter if it's a "baby" or not!  You've never seen, and will never see, a person dry off and get out of that shower stall as fast as I did.  I was beside myself, thinking that I'd see that big black leg come under the shower curtain and into my stall!

So I ran back to the RV, and guess what I did?  I grabbed my phone to take a picture!  Yes, I did this for you guys, as I would never WILLINGLY go back anywhere where there was a spider.   I tried to convince Dave to do it for me, but he wasn't buying it, using the excuse it was the ladies' room.  Yeah, right.  I know it was because he didn't care to be anywhere near the tarantula either!  So here is what will no doubt be in my nightmares tonight, and many, many nights to come:




I now freak out at the slightest breeze in my hair or movement out the side of my eye.  :(

I suppose this post should go into the "Smile and Take a Picture" category, but somehow I don't think I'll ever be smiling about this.

So we're here until this Saturday, when we will be headed back to Wilderness Thousand Trails, Menifee, CA.  It's been so wonderful being here with my family.  It will be so hard to leave, but we are also looking forward to the drive back up, and of course, getting back up to Seattle to see our other wonderful family and friends.  Miss you all!



4 comments:

  1. Kari,
    That looks like a big spider to me! If it was my wife in the shower, ( Mary) she would tell me. Take it outside and set it free and don't hurt it. You are very brave to go back and take that picture.
    Tell Dave I miss his happy face at work!
    Gene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was big! I have NO idea how I got the courage to go back and take the picture! I must have still been in shock. Dave says hi!

      Delete
  2. Hi Kari, I miss you here at the Court and think about your kindness offten. Love Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys haven't posted anything new in awhile....hoping everything is going okay with your journey :) Sue M.

    ReplyDelete